Sunday 29 January 2012

JODI BREAKERS - EVENTS

Story: Sid and Sonali are jodi breakers, experts in getting squabbling couples to divorce. But can they form a jodi of their own? 


ZOOM     ZOOM  


Movie Review: In times when love is a multi-million industry, even the business of separation can be profitable employment. Lots of divorce lawyers would say that. But Sid is a divorce expert with a difference. He seduces the unfaithful and passes on the evidence. 


ZOOM       ZOOM


Even pehelwans from Haryana take his help to rid themselves of desperate wives. All this means a fab pay cheque in return. And his professional life only gets better when he hooks up with Sonali ( Bipasha Basu). Together they become top jodi breakers. 


ZOOM       ZOOM 

But Sid's own life is a mess. He is tired of paying alimony to his much-separated wife. And when she offers him a deal -- drive a wedge between a happy couple (Milind Soman and Dipannita Sharma) and he can get whatever he wants -- Sid falls for it. And that lands him in a bigger mess. 


ZOOM       ZOOM


At first glance, Jodi Breakers has a lot going for it: an unusual and interesting lead pair, fabulous outdoor location (Greece, in this case) and foot-stomping music. But the movie is let down by a script that lacks fizz and connect. 


ZOOM       ZOOM


Director Ashwini Chaudhary's venture begins as a comedy but gradually morphs into romance and loses momentum in the second half. Not evenHelen can perk things up. Romance as remorse doesn't work here. 


ZOOM       ZOOM


A couple of one-liners do work --- Omi Vaidya is called Nano because he is small, sweet and affordable -- but overall, the gags are sub-par. Vaidya gets to repeat his hilarious 'misreading' of a text as in Three Idiots with slight variations. But it is not half as funny. Elsewhere, Madhavan bursts into an operation theatre where a patient is about to undergo a heart operation and gets chatting with the doctors. It is meant to be zany but the scene ends up being asinine. 


ZOOM        ZOOM


Jodi Breakers isn't entirely without merit though. Madhavan is earnest. And Bipasha looks stunning, especially in the scenes shot in Greece. The romantic scenes between the two have a coy intensity. Together they try to make the film better than it actually is. And the track named Bipasha has spunk and rhythm though Kunwara is likely to be the chartbuster. But it simply isn't enough. 


ZOOM       ZOOM

Lauding Bipasha Basu as one of the most outstanding and rewarding actresses he has worked with, Bollywood actor R. Madhavan Sunday said it has been a privilege to work with the dusky beauty. "She is one of the most outstanding and rewarding co-stars I have ever worked with. Bipasha is a Heroine who is involved in all creative aspects of the film,"


ZOOM       ZOOM
"It has been a privilege to work with a heroine like her who have never made anybody wait for her on the sets. Bipasha has never been late on the sets," said Madhavan who was in the city to promote Jodi Breakers.


ZOOM       ZOOM
The film, directed by Ashwini Chaudhary and set to release Feb 24, is a wicked romantic comedy.
Madhavan plays the role of Sid, who along with Bipasaha, is a Jodi Breaker - helping people who want to break their marriages and start a new life.
Bipasha said that the song titled 'Bipasha' is one of the favorite songs of her four-year-old niece.
"I never expected a song after my name. And it is really good that the Song has been a hit. My four-year old niece dances whenever the song is played. It is sign of the song being a hit," she said.


ZOOM        ZOOM
Bipasha Basu and R Madhavan, who are starring for the first time together in Jodi Breakers, walked the ramp for designer Rocky S on Day Four of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.


Bips looked gorgeous in a maroon and blue lehenga. Madhavan donned a golden-cream sherwani. The duo walked the ramp hand-in-hand at the end of the show with track Darmiyaan from Jodi Breakers playing in the backdrop. Madhavan was quite nervous about this whole showstopper thing. “I look very confident and brave but I have to say my knees got stuck when I had to walk the ramp.

ZOOM        ZOOM

I got to know it’s such a difficult thing. In Rocky, I have found a really good friend which you don’t find, especially at this age. He made me feel so comfortable with the clothes. I want to wish him all the best for his new venture Vilasa,” said the actor post show.

Bipasha refused to acknowledge any question about her romantic flick. “Today, we are here to congratulate Rocky. We happened to be in Delhi, so we are here for Rocky and Vilasa. Jodi Breakers is a fantastic movie and it will do well but today it’s all about Rocky,” the hottie said.

ZOOM      ZOOM

When the question of her marriage popped, she was quick to revert: “I’m very busy. Right now I have no time to find a groom. Main dhoondh rahi hu ek susheel var aur Madhavan meri help kar rahe hain (I’m searching for a decent groom and Madhavan is helping me out). For me, he’s a jodi maker. Rocky, too, is helping me. Everything is ready and once I find a guy, I’ll get married.”

ZOOM     ZOOM

The Bong beauty, who loves wearing saris, said she needs help to tie the sexy Indian attire: “Sari makes a woman look beautiful. In sari, you look gorgeous. Every Indian woman looks beautiful in a sari. Draping for me is a little tough. I need an assistant and lots of pins. So I take a little long to wear saris but I do love wearing saris.”

ZOOM    ZOOM

The show was more of a promotional event for the designer’s new venture- Vilasa, his signature wedding company. He did showcase his collection which was sadly below the mark.

Bips has also been tweeting about it:
@bipsluvurself: Me n my cute Jodi Daar @ActorMadhavan backstage fr @RockyS_STAR show!
@bipsluvurself: Proud of u @RockyS_STAR!
@bipsluvurself: #JodiBreakers at the Vilasa launch show fr @RockyS_STAR!
@bipsluvurself: Bck in Delhi! Getting ready fr @RockyS_STAR fashion show in d eve! Walking the ramp with my fav jodi daar @ActorMadhavan. All the best Rock!


ZOOM    ZOOM

She recently advised ex-lover John Abraham to tie the knot, but actor Bipasha Basu says that she doesn’t want anyone to make that decision for her, not even her parents. “My arranged marriage would only last a day. I can’t imagine anyone else making choices for me. My parents have never even tried doing that because they trust me and my choices completely,” the 33-year-old said on a recent visit to the Capital.
Bipasha recently made news when she remarked that John is old and should now marry. However, the actor says that there is no bad blood between them and she is open to sharing screen space with the actor. “If the script is good, I am open to working with him. I don’t believe in letting my past affect my future,” she said.


ZOOM      ZOOM
Currently busy with the promotion of her film Jodi Breakers that releases on Friday, Bipasha says that she is ecstatic with the response that Bipasha, the song named after her in the film, has garnered. “I love Bipasha. I am happy with the positive response it has got. Initially, I wasn’t very sure about the song as I am very protective about my name since it is so rare. But I am extremely happy with the outcome,” she beams.


ZOOM    ZOOM
Bipasha is also all praise for her co-stars in the film, especially legendary actor-dancer Helen. “She’s so energetic even at this age! I had a great time working with her.” Her other co-star, R Madhavan, too has a special place in her heart. “I think I am Maddy’s cheerleader. I love him and all I need are some pom poms to show my support,” she says.
 Also view Its:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment